Views:0 Author:Joyce Publish Time: 2021-05-11 Origin:Site
Use of gabion basket
1. The structural design of the gabion basket used should be based on an engineer with appropriate qualifications:
BS EN 1997-1: 2004, BS 8002: 2015, BS 6031: 2009, BS 8006-1: 2010 and BS 8006-2: 2011.
2. The size and distribution of earth pressure and grounding resistance should be calculated according to current design codes and available guidelines.
3. As with other retaining structures, it is necessary to ensure proper safety factors through design.
Implemented for the following potential failure modes:
• Overall stability
• Shearing pressure
• Internal stability.
4. Waterway linings, weirs and/or other hydraulic or erosion protection structures may require specialconsider scour, uplift, wave action, penetration, etc.
5. The mesh size of gabion basket should be selected to achieve the required design life.